- Year-Long Mentor Training Lesson Plans
- Student Mentor Lesson Plan Outlines
- Service-Learning Implementation Options
- Job Descriptions for Student Mentors and Service-Learning/Mentoring Coordinator
- Logic Model
- Student Mentor Contracts and Ballots
- Self-Assessment Sheet
- Leadership Games
- Activity Patterns and Masters
- Mentor Recognition Certificate Master
Carington’s Leadership Adventure is a service-learning project grounded in the Developmental Assets/Developmental Relationships frameworks. It provides youth mentors with opportunity to serve their school or community and enhance school climate and social-emotional learning using Carington’s Wild Character Adventure® (CWCA) activities.
The Leadership Adventure Service-Learning Guide grew from needs identified by staff and students in Erie’s Public Schools (EPS), Pennsylvania. EPS upper elementary and middle-school student mentors stepped-up to meet those needs, and the Leadership Adventure was born!
The Leadership Adventure offers both structure and flexibility. It gives ongoing opportunity for student voice while providing gentle and consistent guidance for building confidence and success in emerging leaders.